Joe Salerno is Academic Vice President of the Mises Institute and one of the world’s leading economists in the Rothbardian tradition. He discusses his intellectual roots as well as his scholarly work on money and banking. But Bob also asks Joe to recount some of his funny adventures with Murray Rothbard.
- The Mises Institute’s Austrian Economics Research Conference (March 22-23, 2019).
- The new collection from the Mises Institute, Rothbard A to Z.
- Murray Rothbard’s Depressions: Their Cause and Cure.
- Joe Salerno’s lecture on “Calculation and Socialism” (from Mises U 2018).
- Joe Salerno’s essay, “Ludwig von Mises as Currency School Free Banker,” as Chapter 5 (p. 95) in (ed.) Jorg Guido Hulsmann’s Theory of Money and Fiduciary Media.
- Murphy’s essay summarizing the internal Austrian dispute: “Socialism: The Calculation Problem Is Not the Knowledge Problem.”
- Tom Woods Show Ep. 1244, “The Professor Everybody Shuns.” (Features Michael Rectenwald, a leftist NYU professor who was ostracized when he began questioning some of the tactics of campus activists.)
The sound engineer for this episode was Chris Williams. Learn more about his work at ChrisWilliamsAudio.com.