Corey DeAngelis is the Director of School Choice at the Reason Foundation, and an adjunct scholar at the Cato Institute’s Center for Educational Freedom. He talks with Bob about the studies supporting school choice, and dispels the myths around it. The interview ends with Bob raising the possibility that government voucher programs could end up hurting school independence.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- The YouTube video of this interview.
- The Cato profile page for Corey DeAngelis.
- Paul Krugman’s interview with Ezra Klein.
- Corey’s article arguing “Trump is right to call them ‘government schools.'”
- Links to the claims Corey made regarding the effects of choice programs, including: vouchers tend to help the disadvantaged, a meta-analysis of school choice effects on student achievement, and the competitive effects of school voucher programs.
- Help support the Bob Murphy Show.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.