Bob flies solo to provide an introductory framework on how to analyze the economics of immigration, as well as the politics involved in this controversial topic. The point isn’t to pick sides but to sharpen everyone’s arguments. For example: Make sure your arguments about immigration don’t “prove” that having babies makes a country poorer.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- A video of the immigration debate at the Soho Forum.
- Articles by Ben Powell (one and two) on the economics of immigration.
- Summary of the literature on the “Mariel boatlift” episode.
- George Borjas’ reappraisal of the Mariel episode.
- Walter Block and Gene Callahan on libertarian rights and immigration.
The sound engineer for this episode was Chris Williams. Learn more about his work at ChrisWilliamsAudio.com.