Bob urges skeptics not to dismiss the panic over the coronavirus as merely due to anti-Trump fear-mongering. Although government coercion is not justified, the underlying health crisis is very real. Bob also explains the economics of the toilet paper shortage, and gives practical tips he is using to try to keep his own household safe.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- Bob and Carlos Lara’s 2016 video, “How to Weather the Coming Financial Storms.” Their book (with Nelson Nash), The Case for IBC.
- A great summary of the academic literature on whether face masks prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
- The blog post from a NYC nurse.
- Interview with Paul Romer, in which he explains the shortages.
- The January 2018 Time article on the flu wave hitting hospitals.
- How long the novel coronavirus survives on various surfaces.
- Help support the Bob Murphy Show.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.