Alex Salter is an economist with the Free Market Institute at Texas Tech University. Bob asks him about his recent article (with Vincent Geloso) criticizing “state capacity” as an explanation for economic development. Along the way, they also discuss the historical record and its challenge to modern-day anarchists.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- The YouTube version of this interview.
- Alex Salter’s website and his twitter account.
- Alex and Vincent Geloso’s article on State Capacity.
- Ben Powell et al. on Somalia after state collapse.
- Two of Alex’s recent articles on the Fed: one and two.
- Help support the Bob Murphy Show.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.