David Friedman is one of the pioneering theorists of anarcho-capitalism, as laid out in his book The Machinery of Freedom. In this free-wheeling discussion, he discusses physics versus economics, the work of Ronald Coase, his dad’s view of anarchism, and what happened to the SlateStarCodex site.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- The YouTube version of this interview.
- David Friedman’s homepage.
- David’s book The Machinery of Freedom. Heinlein’s classic The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress. #CommissionsEarned (As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
- David debates Bob at Porcfest on Austrian vs. Chicago School methodology in economics.
- One of Walter Block’s essays on hanging from an apartment flagpole.
- The website SlateStarCodex. The post Bob mentioned, “You Are Still Crying Wolf,” which defended Trump from accusations of racism.
- Help support the Bob Murphy Show.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.