Tom DiLorenzo is a Senior Fellow with the Mises Institute who has written several books critical of Lincoln. His latest is “The Problem With Lincoln.” Bob asks Tom about his early career in economics, and then they discuss the various ways in which Abe Lincoln was actually a horrible president.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- The YouTube version of this interview.
- Tom DiLorenzo’s books The Problem With Lincoln and The Real Lincoln, and with Jim Bennett The Food and Drink Police. #CommissionsEarned (As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
- BMS ep. 71 with Mark Thornton, and ep. 81 with Jeffrey Rogers Hummel, both on the economics of slavery.
- Tom’s 1982 article (with Jim Bennett) in the American Economic Review.
- Rothbard on “just war” theory.
- Help support the Bob Murphy Show.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.