Bob first observes that the Left (institutionally) hates Christianity, and that standard explanations, such as its alleged bigotry, don’t explain why the Left gives Islam a pass. Christianity stands in the way of the Leftist agenda. Moreover, if the Devil exists, he would favor not just the “false religion” of environmentalism and Marxism, but also postmodernism, for Jesus is the Logos. Ultimately, the gospel reconciles God and man, which is not what the Devil wants.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- An example of James Lindsay arguing about 2+2=5 on Twitter.
- A Mises University presentation on Antonio Gramsci.
- The Snopes article “debunking” claim that Saul Alinsky dedicated his book to Lucifer.
- Wikipedia entry on “Logos” in Christology context.
- RC Sproul on “Logos.”
- John Piper on the opening of the gospel of John.
- Bob’s debate (ep. 133) with Thaddeus Russell on postmodernism as a foundation for liberty.
- Help support the Bob Murphy Show.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.