In a very philosophical episode, University of Rochester economist Steve Landsburg makes his pitch that mathematics is the reason there is something rather than nothing. Bob argues that this approach lacks one critical component: God.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- The YouTube version of this interview.
- Steve Landsburg’s presentation, “Why Is There Something Instead of Nothing?”
- Steve Landsburg’s books The Armchair Economist and Can You Outsmart an Economist? #CommissionsEarned (As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
- Steve’s website.
- Steve’s recent book for the Fraser Institute, The Essential Milton Friedman.
- Steve’s original appearance on the Bob Murphy Show ep. 6.
- Bob explains Godel’s Incompleteness Theorems on BMS ep. 7.
- The Tom Woods Show episode on one of Aquinas’ arguments for the existence of God.
- Help support the Bob Murphy Show.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.