First Bob explains his contest involving Adventures in Pacifism–winner gets 100 smackers. Then he explains the incredibly powerful, and surprisingly Austrian, result by which Kenneth Arrow showed it was impossible to coherently aggregate individual preferences into a social ranking.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- The blog post explaining the rules for the contest, Adventures in Pacifism: Louie CK Edition.
- Bob’s link for those interested in joining Liberty Classroom. (If you use this link, the site will remember who sent you if you end up joining.)
- Bob’s mises.org’s article explaining Arrow’s Theorem in the context of the 2020 election.
- The Bob Murphy Show ep. 7, explaining Godel’s Incompleteness Theorems.
- Help support the Bob Murphy Show.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.