David Beckworth is a monetary economist with the Mercatus Center. He explains the rationale of the Market Monetarists (such as Scott Sumner) who support NGDP targeting as the best monetary policy. He also explains recent innovations in Fed policy, and critiques the MMTers.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- The YouTube version of this interview.
- David Beckworth’s homepage and podcast, Macro Musings.
- David Beckworth’s book Boom and Bust Banking. #Commissions Earned (As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
- George Selgin’s monograph Floored! and book Less Than Zero. #Commissions Earned
- Beckworth’s analysis of the NGDP gap, average inflation targeting, NGDPLT as ideal policy, and critique of MMT.
- Help support the Bob Murphy Show.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.