Bob gives a guest lecture for Jonathan Newman’s MA course for the Mises Institute, on the history of, and new developments in, the pure time preference theory of interest. After summarizing the work of Bohm-Bawerk, Fetter, and MIses, Bob explains his own perspective and then how Jeff Herbener partially agreed with Bob’s critique. This episode sets the table for Bob’s interview with Herbener in ep. 199.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- The YouTube version of this lecture (which has the PPT slides).
- Information on the Mises Institute’s online Master’s Program.
- Bob’s dissertation on Austrian capital theory.
- Bob’s interview with Jeff Herbener (BMS ep. 199).
- Help support the Bob Murphy Show.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.