David Howden is Chair of the Department of Business and Economics at Saint Louis University’s Madrid campus. He earned his PhD under Jesus Huerta de Soto. Bob asks David about his experiences as a next generation Austrian economist, and in particular his work on financial markets.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- David Howden’s academic page.
- Jesus Huerta de Soto’s book on business cycles.
- Bob’s critique of Fama on bubbles.
- Bob explains his botched inflation prediction.
- Mark Spitznagel’s the Dao of Capital. Nassim Taleb’s The Black Swan. #Commissions Earned (As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
- Bob’s article on social function of call and put options.
- Tyler Cowen interview of John Cochrane.
- Help support the Bob Murphy Show.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.