Bob explains the friendly exchange he had with Dave Smith regarding the new Johns Hopkins study that concluded lockdowns did little to reduce mortality. Smith had tweeted that in a sane world, all those favoring lockdowns would be publicly disgraced, while Bob argues that these studies are so open-ended that people on both sides can reasonably ignore those that disagree with their preferred conclusions.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- Dave Smith’s original tweet about the Johns Hopkins study.
- Bob’s article on Nordhaus vs. the UN.
- A Reuters “fact check” that cites Johns Hopkins experts on why lockdowns DO work.
- A Politifact pushback on Johns Hopkins study.
- Help support the Bob Murphy Show.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.