Bob seeks to explain why the Fed’s extraordinary monetary inflation following the 2008 financial crisis didn’t result in $5/gallon gasoline, while the Fed’s extraordinary monetary inflation following the 2020 coronavirus panic did.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- Bob’s newspaper op ed laying out his explanation.
- Bob’s blog post summarizing what happened with his botched price inflation bet.
- Bob’s book on Understanding Money Mechanics, and the chapter explaining the M1 redefinition.
- Bob’s speech for the Mises Institute in Orlando.
- Help support the Bob Murphy Show.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.