Mary Theroux is Chairman of the Board of Directors and CEO of the Independent Institute. She was married to the late David Theroux. In this episode, she gives the background on how she and David met, and the early years of the Independent Institute. Along the way she touches on many topics including the CS Lewis Society, the war fever on America’s right wing, and the problem of homelessness.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- The YouTube version of this interview.
- A nice tribute to David Theroux from Alex Tabarrok. Tabarrok on bounty hunters.
- David’s article on C.S. Lewis.
- Independent Institute’s documentary on homelessness. Their series Love Gov.
- Bob’s article on Nordhaus’ carbon tax in The Independent Review, and his book Choice (published by Independent).
- Help support the Bob Murphy Show.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.