Bob critiques an article by Conor Friedersdorf, in which he mocks the right-wing outrage over Rep. Ilhan Omar’s 9/11 remarks as a tempest in a teapot. Why, if someone on the right made a similar slip of the tongue, Friedersdorf would expect the right-winger to be forgiven. This is of course ludicrous nonsense, as Bob explains.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- Conor Friedersdorf’s article on Omar being taken out of context.
- “The God of Social Media Demands Sacrifice, Not Mercy” (episode 21 of the BMS).
- Bob’s Wikipedia entry (showing something actually taken out of context).
- Information for Bob’s presentation on the economics of climate change on April 26, 2019 at Connecticut College. (Or contact Bob directly for details.)
- Information for Bob’s presentation on free-market health care on April 29, 2019 at Lock Haven University. (Or contact Bob directly for details.)
- Help support the Bob Murphy Show.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.