Marsha Familaro Enright founded the Council Oak Montessori School in Chicago, and is currently the President of “The Great Connections,” a gap-year program for students also located in Chicago. She has written on how education would work in a free society, and she warns that government voucher programs may backfire and ruin what independence private schools still retain.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- Marsha Familaro Enright’s essay opposing school vouchers.
- Marsha Familaro Enright’s personal website.
- The website for The Great Connections gap year program.
- Enright’s essay, “What Education Would Be Like in a Fully Free Society.”
- The collection of essays, Common Ground on Common Core.
- Richard Hofstadter’s book, Anti-Intellectualism in American Life.
- The Montessori school Enright founded.
- A list of the Top 10 Montessori videos.
- Maryland barred a school from receiving voucher funds over LGBT curriculum.
- Study concluding that 36% of education costs in Illinois consumed by pension funding.
- How you can contribute to the Bob Murphy Show.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.