Rob Bradley is the world’s leading expert in energy economics in the Austrian tradition. His treatise Oil, Gas, and Government is the definitive record of U.S. government intervention in the oil & gas markets. Rob chose Murray Rothbard as the chair for his dissertation in Political Economy. At one point in his career, Rob served as a speechwriter for Ken Lay, CEO of Enron, which afforded Rob a firsthand view of the skullduggery that would later be wrongly blamed on capitalism.
- The YouTube video of this interview.
- Bob’s introductory essay to Rob Bradley’s classic work (which was his dissertation under Rothbard), Oil, Gas, and Government: The U.S. Experience.
- Bob’s article in the Journal of Private Enterprise which relays the “daisy chain” story of how oil resellers gamed the price controls during the 1970s.
- Rob’s website devoted to energy issues: MasterResource.org. The website for the Institute for Energy Research, which Rob founded.
- Rob’s trilogy on cronyism (“political capitalism”) in industry: (1) Capitalism at Work, (2) Edison to Enron, and (3) Enron Ascending. #CommissionsEarned (As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
- How you can contribute to the Bob Murphy Show.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.