By popular demand, Bob brings Stephan back on the podcast, this time to debate Hans Hoppe’s famous “argumentation ethics” case for libertarianism. Stephan defends Hoppe’s claim that any attempt to justify a NON-libertarian system would result in a performative contradiction, while Bob clarifies the argument and raises concerns about it.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- The YouTube video for this interview.
- Hans Hoppe’s talk on argumentation ethics at his Property & Freedom Society.
- The 1988 Liberty symposium on Hoppe’s argumentation ethics.
- Stephan Kinsella’s concise guide to Hoppe’s argument and its critics.
- Bob Murphy and Gene Callahan’s critique of argumentation ethics in the Journal of Libertarian Studies, and Stephan Kinsella’s response.
- Stephan’s earlier appearance on ep. 39 of the Bob Murphy Show, talking about private law and Intellectual Property.
- Help support the Bob Murphy Show.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.