Tareq Haddad was a (recently hired) reporter for Newsweek who was repeatedly rebuffed when trying to cover the emerging story of the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) report on Syria. He eventually resigned. Tareq discusses how the US authorities pressured the OPCW to change the report to fit their desired narrative, and how powerful groups control the media narrative.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- Tareq’s post giving the history of his time at Newsweek, and how the media narrative is controlled.
- The YouTube video of this interview.
- Jonathan Steele’s Counterpunch article on the OPCW scandal.
- Tareq’s new podcast, “Conversations.”
- Tareq’s Patreon account.
- Background on Operation Mockingbird.
- Help support the Bob Murphy Show.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.