Guido Hulsmann is a Senior Fellow with the Mises Institute and professor of economics at the University of Angers in France. He first discusses his article protesting the covid-19 lockdown in France. The conversation then turns to Guido’s biography of Ludwig von Mises. The final segment of the episode is devoted to Guido’s novel theory of interest, which rejects the standard pure time preference theory.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- The YouTube version of this interview.
- Guido Hulsmann’s CV.
- Guido’s essay, “A Protest from France.”
- Guido’s 2002 QJAE article, “A Theory of Interest.”
- Guido’s biography of Mises: The Last Knight of Liberalism.
- The time Batman saved the Mises files from the Nazis (really).
- Bob’s 3-part series on interest theory in the Austrian tradition.
- Sample issues of the Lara-Murphy Report.
- Help support the Bob Murphy Show.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.