In a very comprehensive discussion, Bob talks with Rohan Grey, Assistant Prof. of Law at Willamette University. Rohan is an expert on the history of US fiscal and monetary legislation, as well as Modern Monetary Theory (MMT).
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- The YouTube version of this interview.
- Rohan Grey’s CV, and his paper on the history of US coinage.
- Rohan’s presentation on money as a creature of the law, not the State.
- Jon Stewart rips Paul Krugman on the trillion dollar platinum coin.
- Bob’s original book review at Mises.org of Stephanie Kelton’s book on MMT. George Selgin’s response, which in turn prompted this post from Nathan Tankus.
- Kelton’s book, The Deficit Myth. #CommissionsEarned (As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
- Bob’s older critique of an MMT accounting argument.
- Bob Murphy Show ep. 18, interview with Warren Mosler.
- Bob’s critique of fractional reserve banking.
- Bob on Bob Higgs on World War 2 (a portion of the presentation).
- Help support the Bob Murphy Show.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.