In the Ron Howard movie “A Beautiful Mind,” Russell Crowe plays John Nash, a major figure in game theory. Although it was a good movie, it totally misconstrues Nash’s doctoral dissertation and how it fit into the pre-existing literature. In this episode, Bob sets the record straight.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- John Nash’s doctoral dissertation.
- Bob’s link for Liberty Classroom. (If you click this link and then register, the site will know you came from me.)
- Sylvia Nasar’s book that inspired the Ron Howard movie about Nash. #CommissionsEarned (As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
- A good explanation of the Allais Paradox (which shows limits of expected utility theory).
- Bob Murphy Show ep. 96, which starts with critique of use of game theory.
- Help support the Bob Murphy Show.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.