In Bob’s interview of Bryan Caplan (in episode #91), they briefly discussed Bryan’s essay criticizing Austrian economics. At listener request, in this episode Bob goes solo to give a much more comprehensive analysis of why he (Bob) remained an Austrian economist, even after seeing top-notch neoclassicals in action during his own time in grad school.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- Bob Murphy Show ep. 91, the interview with Bryan Caplan.
- Bryan Caplan’s essay, “Why I Am Not an Austrian Economist.”
- A compilation of responses to Caplan.
- Part 3 of Bob’s series on Capital & Interest theory, which has links to the first 2 in the series.
- Bob’s “sushi article” (responding to Krugman and Cowen’s critiques of Austrian business cycle theory).
- Links to Bob’s dissertation and also a paper on multiple interest rates.
- Bob’s article explaining Hotelling’s principle for an exhaustible resource.
- Arnold Kling on “recalculation.”
- David R. Henderson talking about cardinal vs. ordinal utility.
- Help support the Bob Murphy Show.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.