Personal finance guru Dave Ramsey recently called IBC a scam on his popular show. Ramsey alleged that the dividends received from a mutual life insurance company were just deliberate overcharges to make the customer think he was earning a profit, even though it all came out of the customer’s own pocket. Bob sets the record straight.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- The YouTube version of this episode (recommended!).
- The YouTube video where Dave Ramsey calls IBC a “scam.”
- An Investopedia article explaining the history of cash-value life insurance and the Modified Endowment Contract (MEC) tax rules.
- Someone else’s YouTube video showcasing Dave’s dismissal of Peter Schiff as an “idiot” and “kook.”
- The “Foundations of IBC” video series, put out by the Nelson Nash Institute.
- The Case for IBC (authored by Nelson Nash, Carlos Lara, and Bob Murphy).
- A listing of graduates of the IBC Practitioner Course.
- Help support the Bob Murphy Show.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.