Rob Bradley is an expert in the history of US energy markets. He explains the role of Sam Insull (co-founder of General Electric) in showing what a free market in electricity would look like, and then criticizes Texas’ ERCOT as a central planning agency.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- The YouTube version of this interview.
- Rob Bradley’s website, Master Resource. Rob’s article on the recent Texas freeze and Paul Krugman.
- Rob Bradley’s books Edison to Enron and Capitalism at Work. #CommissionsEarned
- Harold Demsetz’s 1968 Journal of Law and Economics article, “Why Regulate Utilities?”
- Robert Bryce’s book Pipe Dreams: Greed, Ego, and the Death of Enron. Forrest McDonald’s book Insull: The Rise and Fall of a Billionaire Utility Tycoon. #Commissions Earned (As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
- Bob’s article on the Texas freeze.
- Bob Murphy Show episode 77, where Rob Bradley explains his education under Rothbard and his contributions to energy economics in the Austrian tradition.
- Help support the Bob Murphy Show.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.