Patrick Newman is a fellow at the Mises Institute who have just published his new book. He talks about Rothbard’s approach to history, whether the US revolution was libertarian, and the proper way to interpret Andrew Jackson.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- The YouTube version of this interview.
- Patrick Newman’s new book Cronyism: Liberty vs. Power in Early America, 1607-1849.
- Patrick’s previous appearance on ep. 49 of the Bob Murphy Show.
- Dan Sanchez’s article on Andrew Jackson’s fight with Nicholas Biddle over the Second Bank of the United States.
- Bob’s review of MMT (including Andrew Jackson’s payoff of the federal debt).
- Help support the Bob Murphy Show.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.