David Gordon is a Senior Fellow with the Mises Institute who has a long history in Austrian economics and libertarianism. He talks with Bob about his personal story, including taking an undergrad class at UCLA with Hayek as his professor. Then they turn to philosophical issues in economics, and end with an analysis of the Strauss/Jaffa critique of libertarianism.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- Two of David Gordon’s books, The Philosophical Origins of Austrian Economics and An Introduction to Economic Reasoning.
- David’s regular column, The Mises Review.
- Michael Anton’s critique of David, in which he calls libertarianism a “suicide pact.” David’s response.
- Bob’s debate with David Friedman over economic methodology.
- Help support the Bob Murphy Show.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.